TIDAL Launches School of Music, a Year-Round Learning Center to Inspire a New Generation of Music Experts
Curated by TIDAL’s expert editorial team,
the playlists encourage genre exploration and education
NEW YORK – Global music and entertainment streaming service TIDAL launched today Music school, a new learning hub that brings subscribers captivating playlists inspired by unique genres and geographies. Content from the new Learning Center will expand TIDAL’s existing 101 playlist series, highlighting the origins and history of the music and instruments that shape today’s most popular sounds. The Music School will host TIDAL’s carefully curated editorial content, designed to broaden members’ knowledge and appreciation across all genres. Members can expect playlists to be regularly updated and expanded.
Music School Hub Components:
· FOR KIDS: Playlists that offer introductions to musical genres (without explicit language/theme) for children through fun and engaging songs, including classics such as “Life Is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts, “Try Everything” by Shakira, ” U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer, and more!
· genre for beginners: 20 foundational tracks from all major genres including Country, Metal, Dance, K-Pop, Folk & Americana.
· GEOGRAPHY FOR BEGINNERS: 20 tracks from markets around the world selected by local publishers to serve as an introduction to music from around the world, including Croatia, Brazil, Ireland, Canada, and more.
· DIVE DEEPER: Playlists that serve as an introduction to over 90 subgenres, from Drill Rap (“Welcome to the Party” by Pop Smoke) to Latin Jazz (“Mambo Gozon” by Tito Puente) to Death Metal ( “Slowly We Rot” from Obituary).
· MUSICOLOGY: Playlists that explore how famous instruments, like the Gibson SG guitar, Fender Rhodes electric piano, and even the cowbell, have been used in music over the decades, across all genres. Songs featured in this category include Van Halen’s “Dance The Night Away”, AC/DC’s “Back In Black”, Stevie Wonder’s “All I Do”, and more!
Music School Country Music Playlists:
· Country for beginners – a carefully curated introduction to Country, including Alan Jackson’s “Freight Train”, Carrie Underwood’s “Before He Cheats” and Loretta Lynn’s “The Pill”.
· Neotraditional Country 101 – This playlist highlights some of the country’s most successful and respected artists – both classical and modern neo-traditionalists – who have managed to change with the times while preserving the essence of the genre like The Judds, Colter Wall, Cody Jinks, Miranda Lambert and Midland.
· Alt Country 101 – an authentic Americana mix featuring hits from Strugill Simpson, Blue Rodeo, Steve Earle and John Moreland.
· Country and folk for children – kid-friendly tracks including Rascal Flats’ “Life is a Highway”, Taylor Swift’s “Our Song” and Dolly Parton’s “Applejack”.
“As musical trends change, the foundational sounds highlighted in these playlists will continue to shape music for years to come. As listeners, knowing this story builds a deeper appreciation and elevates the connection between artists and fans,” said Tony Gervino, TIDAL’s Executive Vice President and Editor-in-Chief for Programming and Editorial. “Through content like Music School, we’re doubling down on our mission to prioritize artists and music fans by creating new ways to listen to and experience new music.”
Music School is TIDAL’s latest back-to-school offering. On August 15, TIDAL launched a series of curated playlists centered around various mental health issues that people may experience during the back-to-school season, including find the words, The best is yet to comeand You will be fine to help people of all ages during this time.
TIDAL offers music lovers unlimited access to a massive catalog of over 90 million titles across all genres, 450,000 music videos, thousands of playlists carefully curated by TIDAL’s seasoned editorial team, and hundreds of live events. direct. Music fans can access TIDAL through a range of membership options including; Free with a minimum of interruptions, Hifi stereo with uninterrupted access to HiFi sound quality and offline capabilities, and Hi-Fi More which also provides access to best-in-class immersive sound formats.
Learn more about TIDAL and subscribe at tide.com.