9Convert: a free and easy-to-use YouTube downloader
While YouTube lets you download videos for offline viewing on smartphones and tablets, there’s no way to accomplish the same on a laptop or desktop. This is a huge missing feature, as not all of us have a regular, unlimited internet connection, which is required for streaming content. Well, today we are going to share with you a service called 9Convert which allows you to easily download YouTube videos for offline viewing no matter what device you are using.
Convert and download YouTube videos
9Convert is a website that lets you easily download YouTube videos to your desktop and mobile devices, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iPhone. In this article, we will introduce you to its features and show you how it works.
To note: Before proceeding, please keep in mind that downloading and sharing some YouTube videos without the permission of their creators is illegal. So, do not use this software for any purpose other than your personal offline viewing.
Convert and download YouTube videos
9Convert allows you to easily convert and download YouTube videos. You can download YouTube videos in MP4, MP3 and 3GP formats. It supports video resolution up to 1080p, so you can download crisp videos. You can select the file format by clicking the drop down menu as shown in the image below.
The YouTube to MP3 function is also convenient. It allows users to extract and download audio versions of videos. You can use it to download long lectures and interviews, which you can listen to during household chores and long commutes. This can save you a lot of time while making boring tasks and commuting a little more bearable.
Now that you know what this website has to offer, let’s see how you can download videos on different platforms using it.
Download YouTube videos to desktop (Windows, Linux, Mac, Chromebook)
Since 9Convert is a web-based tool, the steps for downloading YouTube videos on all of these platforms are the same.
- To download a YouTube video to desktop, copy its URL first.
- Open 9convert, paste the video link into the box and click “Start”.
- Finally, select the quality of the video and click on the “Download” button to download the video.
Download YouTube Videos to Android
While YouTube’s Android app lets you download videos for offline viewing, it only lets you watch the video inside the app itself. This means that you cannot use a third party video player that offers better controls. Also, the app does not allow you to download MP3 versions of videos which is another inconvenience that you can solve by using 9Convert.
- Launch the YouTube app on your Android smartphone and open the video you want to download. Here, tap Share. Now copy the link to your clipboard.
- Launch any browser on your Android smartphone and open the 9Convert website. Paste the link and hit start, select the required file format and resolution, then hit the download button.
Download YouTube Videos to iPhone
There are two methods that you can use to download YouTube videos to your iPhone. We will start with the steps mentioned on the 9Convert website and then we will tell you the alternative method. Before continuing, make sure you have installed Documents by Readdle app from the App Store.
- Just like we did on Android, use the YouTube app to copy the link of the video you want to download.
- Launch the Documents app and tap on the Safari icon shown in the screenshot below. Now open the 9Convert website.
- As before, paste the video link, select the format and quality, then hit download.
- You will be asked to specify the download location. Choose the desired location and tap Done.
This method is useful if you want to keep the download file on your device and not in iCloud. If you don’t have any problem uploading files to iCloud, you can use the second method which uses native Safari app. The steps for downloading on Safari are the same as we have already discussed for Android. All you need to do is open the 9Convert website in Safari and paste the copied video link. From there, select the file format and resolution and download the file. Note that Safari saves the file in the Downloads folder in iCloud Drive.
Easily download YouTube videos for offline viewing
As you can see, 9Convert makes it easy to download YouTube videos for offline viewing. Since it’s a web-based tool, you don’t even need to install anything. Just open the website, paste the link and follow the steps to download the video. Check it out and use it to meet all your YouTube downloading needs.